These are the materials of two research-master courses I taught in April and May 2017: SEM1: Confirmatory Factor Analysis and its follow-up course SEM2: Structural Equation Modeling.
- 1 SEM1: Confirmatory Factor Analysis
- 2 SEM2: Structural Equation Modeling
SEM1: Confirmatory Factor Analysis
Week 1: Introduction to factor analysis
Week 2: Fitting and comparing CFA models
Week 3: Measurement invariance, ordinal data and sample size
Week 4: Missing data, exploratory factor analysis and higher order models
SEM2: Structural Equation Modeling
Week 1: Path analysis and structural equation modeling
Week 2: Causality and equivalent models
Week 3: Symposium on network versus latent variable models
- Eiko Fried – What are the appropriate statistical models for psychological constructs such as personality, intelligence, or mental disorders? An introduction to network and latent variable models.
- Sacha Epskamp - Generalized Network Psychometrics: Combining Network and Latent Variable Models. (PDF)
- Abe Hofman – A comparison of latent variable vs network models using longitudinal data.
- Fried: What are psychological constructs? On the nature and statistical modeling of emotions, intelligence, personality traits and mental disorders.
- Epskamp et al: Generalized Network Psychometrics: Combining Network and Latent Variable Models.
- Kievit et al: Developmental cognitive neuroscience using Latent Change Score models: A tutorial and applications.